Photo: Getty Images
Jessie J is apologizing to fans after her health issues forced her to postpone parts of her tour.
The "Bang Bang" singer has postponed her October Acoustic Tour dates in the U.K. and Europe for next year and canceled her U.S. dates entirely in order to have another surgery amid her cancer journey, per People. She revealed in June that she had been diagnosed with early breast cancer and later had a mastectomy.
"Unfortunately I have to have a second surgery — nothing too serious but it has to be done by the end of this year," she said. "This falls in the middle of the tour I had booked. I'm so sorry, I feel frustrated and sad, but I need to be better, I need to be healed."
The "Price Tag" musician shared more about the need to adjust her tour in a video shared to her Instagram on Thursday (August 28).
"I'm living in the moment, I'm embracing the moment, and I'm flying with the vibes," she said, adding, "So, that is what it is, and I'm sorry. I feel frustrated and sad, but also, it is what it is. And I need to be better. I need to be healed, and I know this is the right decision to make. So, I'm postponing the tour 'til next year."
While some of her U.K. dates were rescheduled, she said that she hasn't been able to "finesse" new dates for America as of right now and has to "be realistic" about what is possible at the moment.
The update comes weeks after she was unexpectedly hospitalized with concerning symptoms following her first surgery.